Announcement of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA)
Date: January 23, 2020
Jin Mao Doc. No.:10908000000
Announcement on adding Export Regulation “111” - Export controlled (licensed by the Bureau of Foreign Trade) to the following two items, CCC6307.90.50.10-6 “Masks, filtering efficiency 94% or more, of textile materials” and CCC6307.90.50.20-4 “Other masks, of textile materials”. The above-mentioned items have now been included in the List of Commodities Subject to Export Restrictions.
The announcement is effectively starting January 24, 2020 and terminating on February 23, 2020
- Foreign Trade Act – Article 11
- Regulations Governing Export of Commodities – Article 5
- This action is undertaken in light of the spread of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), to address the lockdown in Wuhan, China, and the Executive Yuan, R.O.C levelling up the epidemic prevention status to level 2 (Alert) so as to ensure that masks can meet domestic demands and ensure the health of our citizens.
- Exporters who had received a letter of credit from an overseas bank or an advance sales receipt prior to 24 January 2020, and have documents supporting the readiness of goods shipment dated before January 24, 2020, shall apply to the Bureau of Foreign Trade for approval prior to export.
- Enclosed is the amendment details to the export regulations.
The Minister Mr. Jong-Chin Shen