Announcement by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA)
Date: March 13, 2020
Jin Mao Doc. No.: 10902602370
Announcement on amendments to Export Regulation 111: Export control (licensed by the Bureau of Foreign Trade) for goods classified under CCC6307.90.50.19-7 “Other masks, filtering efficiency 94% or more, of textile materials.” and CCC6307.90.50.29-5 “Other masks, of textile materials.”. These aforementioned items have now been included on the List of Commodities Subject to Export Restrictions.
This announcement takes effect from March 24, 2020 and terminates on April 30, 2020.
- Article 11 of the Foreign Trade Act
- Article 5 of the Regulations Governing Export of Commodities
Contents of this Announcement:
- Given the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019) and the Executive Yuan of the R.O.C. elevating the epidemic prevention status to level 1 (Alert), the Ministry of Economic Affairs is restricting the export of products as stated in the formal announcement issued on January 24, 2020. This announcement is to facilitate customs clearance procedures for cloth masks, which are not included under the export restrictions, and can be exported without restrictions. The formal announcement of February 14, 2020 shall be amended for the following two items: CCC6307.90.50.10-6 “Masks, filtering efficiency 94% or more, of textile materials” and CCC6307.90.50.20-4 “Other masks, of textile materials”.
- If exporters have legitimate reasons to export and have obtained approval from the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC), the Bureau of Foreign Trade may issue an export permit.
- Enclosed are the amendment details to the export regulations.
The Minister Mr. Jong-Chin Shen