Announcement by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA)
Date: April 29, 2020
Doc. No.: Jin Mao 10904601870
Announcement on amendments to the List of Commodities Subject to Export Restrictions. From May 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020, goods classified under CCC6307.90.50.19-7 “Other masks, filtering efficiency 94% or more, of textile materials” and CCC6307.90.50.29-5 “Other masks, of textile materials” will be subjected to Export Regulation 111: Export control export license by the Bureau of Foreign Trade.
- Article 11 of the Foreign Trade Act
- Article 5 of the Regulations Governing Export of Commodities
- Given the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease 2019), the Ministry of Economic Affairs previously restricted the export of the above mentioned products from January 24, 2020 to April 30, 2020. The present announcement has been made to cope with the evolving epidemic situation and to ensure sufficient domestic mask supply for the health of Taiwanese citizens. Future adjustments, including early termination of the export restriction will depend on the status of the epidemic.
- If legitimate reasons to export the restricted goods exist, and approval from the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has been obtained, the Bureau of Foreign Trade may issue export permits for such exceptional cases.
- Enclosed are the amendment details to the export regulations.
Minister Mr. Jong-Chin Shen