Announcement by the
Ministry of Economic Affairs
Date: August 19, 2022
Document No.: Jin Mao 11104603570
Subject: Announcement about the regulation on exemption of import license for importing limited quantities of goods/articles originating from mainland China, effective August 19, 2022.
Item 13 of Paragraph 1 of Article 7 and Item 1 of Paragraph 1 of Article 9 of the “Regulations Governing Trade between the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area”
1. The following Industrial goods/articles (HS codes in Chapters 25 to 97) originating from mainland China do not require an import license and are exempt from the rules laid out under the regulation code “MXX” if the following conditions are met: The goods/articles are not on the “List of Commodities Subject to Import Restriction”, the CIF price is under NT$32,000, and each item consists of 24 pieces/units or less (if an item cannot be counted by piece/unit, each item must weigh 40 kg or less) . However, for goods/articles under HS Code under heading 6802 Stone or under HS Code under headings 6907 and 6908 Ceramic Tiles, the last aforementioned condition stipulates that each item must consist of 24 pieces/units or less and weigh 40 kg or less. The said goods/articles can include:
a. Items that have not been announced by the MOEA as importable items originating from mainland China; or
b. Items that have been announced by the MOEA as importable items originating from mainland China but have been marked “MXX”, and thus subject to regulation code “MXX”.
2. The "CIF price" refers to the total CIF price of the aforementioned goods/articles originating from mainland China and approved by customs for the entire import declaration. Additionally, “each item” is classified by a serial number. If there is no serial number, customs is authorized to classify each item separately according to each single item on the declaration. Regardless of whether there is a serial number or not, the item cannot be classified by size, specification, or color. However, for goods/articles under HS codes in Chapters 68 and 69 that have exclusive CCC Codes, the exclusive CCC Code shall be used as the basis for classifying "each item ". If the exclusive CCC Code is determined by size, the classification shall be combined (e.g., ceramic tiles under HS codes under heading 6907 are combined into one item). If there is no exclusive CCC Code, the classification shall be based on the "product name".
3. The aforementioned goods/articles originating and imported from mainland China, despite exemption from import license and regulation code “MXX”, are still subject to the following regulations: “the Import and Export Commodity Classification of the Republic of China,” the “Consolidated List of Commodities Subject to Import Restriction and Commodities Entrusted to the Customs for Import Examination,” and the “Regulations Governing Trade between the Taiwan Area and the Mainland Area.”
4. This regulation do not apply to the specific goods/articles announced by the MOEA due to management needs.
5. Announcement about Doc. No. Jin-Shou-Mao 10140004370 on March 6, 2012 shall cease to apply.
Minister Mei-Hua Wang